Thua Thien Hue Union of Friendship Organizations and Vietnam-UK Friendship Association will organize the contest titled “Initiatives to promote the role of Vietnamese youth in ASEAN integration and globalization” (iPag2017).
The purpose of the contest is to search for new initiatives in the Central Vietnam and Central Highlands to promote the role and potential the youth in the region; empower them to speak up and share their thoughts and aspirations, thereby create a meaningful playground for them to understand the culture and increase general knowledge of international and ASEAN integration; and at the same time, strengthen cultural exchanges and friendship between young people in the region.
TIME, VENUE, ELIGIBILITY, MILESTONES AND REWARDS
1. Essay writing
– The contestants are requested to write an essay in English explaining their initiative(s) to promote the role of Vietnamese youth in general and young people in the Central Vietnam and Central Highlands in particular. It is worth highlighting that it is a contest with a focus on the ideas.
– The use of academic and scientific writing style is encouraged.
b) Deadline :
From September 04, 2017 to October 20, 2017.
c) Submitted to: Thua Thien Hue Union of Friendship Organizations via the email firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing address “The Union of Friendship Organisations of Thua Thien Hue Province, 5th floor, 24 Ly Thuong Kiet Street, Hue City”.
d) Eligibility: Vietnamese citizen with the minimum age of 16 and maximum age of to 30, who comes from 20 provinces and cities of the Central Vietnam and Central Highlands who has specific initiatives with view of promoting the role and potential of Vietnamese youth. High school, college, and university students are encouraged to participate.
e) Important milestones:
– 20/10/2017: Publicizing the contest and expecting submission of the essay writing.
– 30/10/2014: Marking and selecting the 10 best essays to participate in the next round (debate).
– 03/11/2017: Announcing the result to the contestants via the mass media and email.
– The top 10 contestants who win the essay writing would make a presentation with their topic chosen randomly before taking part in the debate with the others and the judges. Each contestant has 5 minutes of presentation and 10 minutes of debate.
– The use of speaking style for the debate is encouraged.
b) Time: Monday, 20/11/2017.
c) Venue: University of Foreign Languages, Hue University, 57 Nguyen Khoa Chiem Street, An Cuu, Hue City.
d) Eligibility: Candidates of 10 best essays chosen from the first round will participate in the debate.
3. Reward (in cash and artifacts)
– Contestants living outside Thua Thien Hue Province will be covered with stipend, travel and accommodation expenses if they are selected to the debate.
– The top 10 in the essay writing round will receive a hard copy proceedings of all the initiatives to promote the role of Vietnamese youth in ASEAN integration and globalization.
– The winners will receive rewards and certificates.
– The contestants will be sent pictures and clips of their debate.
– 01 First Prize.
– 01 Second Prize.
– 01 Third Prize.
– 07 Consolation Prizes.